What's good for the heart is good for the brain!
President & CEO
Ben Gilchrist has served as CEO and Executive Director of Southminster since 2019. With over 20 years of extensive leadership experience in the senior living industry, he has held positions with non-profit retirement communities, as well as for-profit skilled nursing p.providers.
Beginning his career in the for-profit nursing home sector, Ben learned all aspects of direct patient care and developed methods to efficiently deliver high-quality services. During his transition to the non-profit sector, his experience spanned from community-based services with HUD housing properties, a senior center, a certified home health agency to the administration of large CCRC campuses.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, Bowling Green State University
- Master’s Degree, Business Administration in Applied Management, Indiana Wesleyan
- Vice President of Operations, Friendship Senior Options, IL
- President, Springfield Masonic Home, OH
- Vice President, Vrable Health Care Company, OH
- Vice President of Health Care & Community Based Services, Maple Knoll Communities, OH
- Board Member Leading Age Ohio
- Licensed Nursing Home Administrator