What's good for the heart is good for the brain!
For many years, scientists around the world have focused their attention on heart health because cardiovascular diseases are the number one cause of death globally. Although not eradicated, heart health has improved and rates of death from heart disease are declining.
Because rates of death from Alzheimer’s Disease are increasing, scientific research is now focusing on a new frontier, brain health! Research is now teaching us how to enhance our brain’s health for a clearer, sharper mind …. IF we begin working on it early.
Dementia Does Not Have To Be Your Destiny!
Have you ever:
- Walked into a room and forgotten why you were there?
- Spent 15-20 minutes looking for your reading glasses only to find them on the top of your head?
- Felt concerned because you are losing your keys more often?
As these situations happen more often, you begin to worry because you have a family history of dementia or you know someone who does. You are a part of the “worried-well.”
Who should attend:
Anyone who desires to build brain-healthy routines and knowledge base to keep your brain sharp and age well
- Age-related cognitive changes
- Family members or friends with memory loss
- Patients (or family members of patients) with memory loss
- Mental Cloudiness from:
- COVID-19 or Long Covid
- Social isolation
- Cancer treatment
- Other reasons
2023 Brain Health Workshops
Build Brain-Healthy Routines and Knowledge Base To Keep Your Brain Sharp and Age Well
- Curriculum-based education
- Professional, licensed subject matter experts
- Curated workshop materials
- Interactive skill practice, experiential learning and support sessions
- Brain Gym leveraging measurable technology
- One-on-one sessions with wellness coach and senior fitness specialist
- Coordinated and convened under one roof
- Convenient location in the heart of Southpark
- COVID-SAFE: Vaccinations are not required, but strongly recommended
Every Journey Starts Somewhere. It's Easy to Start Yours Today:
The Ivey Brain Health Workshops 2023
12-week Brain Health Workshops featuring leading experts in multiple disciplines and perspectives to build brain-healthy routines to keep your brain sharp and age well.
Learn more about the 2023 workshops at your choice of FREE Info Sessions. REGISTER NOW!
Free Info Sessions
9:30 - 11:30 am, your choice (register below):
- January - 1/20 or 1/27 (completed)
- April – 4/14 or 4/21 (completed)
- September – 9/8 or 9/15 (accepting reservations)
2023 12-Week Workshop Dates
- Winter Session Feb 10 – Apr 27 (completed)
- Spring Session Apr 28 – Jul 13 (no longer accepting reservations)
- Fall Session Sep 29 – Dec 14 (accepting reservations)
7-weeks of Education Sessions
- 8:30am – 12:30pm Fridays
5-weeks of Wellness Sessions
- 9:00am – 12:00pm Mon-Thurs (your choice/by appointment)
- 1:1 customized wellness coaching and group sessions supporting what you learn into practice at home
Medical Director Preventive Cardiology, Mission Health
Primary Care Physician
Co-Founder & General Partner, Confluence Healthcare Partners
Founder & CEO
President & CEO
Subject Matter Experts
Kristin Daley, Ph.D, DBSM
Cheryl Hoover, RPH
Amy Knab, Ph.D
Leila Forbes, PhD
Catherine Frank, Ph.D
Feat. Josh Brigham