What's good for the heart is good for the brain!
Catherine Frank, Ph.D
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UNC-Asheville
Before being named executive director of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UNC Asheville (formerly North Carolina Center for Creative Retirement) in May 2010, Dr. Catherine Frank was director of the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Duke University, where she also taught literature and writing courses. From 2001 through 2006, she served as executive director of the Preservation Society of Chapel Hill.
Catherine has worked over the years not only to improve the experience of OLLI members but to understand how and why this kind of learning and community is so compelling and beneficial.
- Bachelor of Arts in English (with highest honors), UNC Chapel Hill
- Inducted Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- Master of Arts in English, UNC Chapel Hill
- PhD in English, UNC Chapel Hill
- Director, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI), UNC Asheville
- Director, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI), Duke University
- Executive Director, Preservation Society of Chapel Hill